Thursday, April 17, 2014

How Lauren got her groove back,or tried anyway.

I've been trying to get my groove back. I know it has been such a long time.  I have just really been in a knitting funk.  How appropriate, start writing on a knitting blog and the inspiration/desire to knit runs out faster than you can say, "Knit 1, purl 2".

Well, I have 3 projects that I have to make.  Or it is just 1 really big project, because the are all related, but then that seems overwhelming and not so fun. So 3 projects.
1. Baby blanket for P
2. Baby blanket for M
3. Matching 2 set of cubes for the babies

P and M are my half-siblings that were born near the end of March.  There are already a couple weeks old, and I love them to death.  I was waiting to see what the gender of the babes would be because Dad and Tammy didn't want to find out.  I think they might have know, but weren't telling anybody.  So now that I know there is one boy and one girl, I decided on the colors, got the yarn, and am waffling on the pattern(s).  I don't know if I will make the blankets the same with different colors, or make completely different blankets.  It is hard to know. I haven't met the babies yet, the whole working in Kuwait thing and them being born in Thailand where Dad and Tammy live at the moment.

The yarn I got here at a store called Crafty.  I really like the yarn I got. It is Alize Cotton Gold, in black, white, teal, and orange.  I really wanted purple instead of orange, but I didn't like their purple; it was a dusty purple which didn't tonally match with the teal.  That's important because on the blocks there will be 2 black sides, 2 white sides, and 1 of each of the colors.  Tammy really likes black stuff, and I think she wanted black blankets, but I can't bring myself to make black baby blankets.  Even here in Kuwait with all the sunshine to see, I just can't. So I went with contrasting colors that are nice and gender neutral.  I know some people who don't think teal is gender neutral and then I point out it is my favorite color.

No comments:

Post a Comment