Sunday, August 17, 2014

Currently on the Needles

When I was home in Germany over the summer I was able to pick up some of my knitting stuff.  I am very happy to say that I am again working on my Six'es blanket.  That thing has been a working in progress since I live in The Netherlands, I think I started it like 4 years ago.  (I checked and I started it almost exactly 4 years ago, on August 11th.)  To be fair, I did restart with only washable yarns about 2 years ago.  I know that seems like a no brainer now, but when I started I was just getting back into knitting and just starting to branch out from  acrylic yarns. One thing I have started doing on this pattern, to relieve some of the end seeing marathon, is to continue on with the next hexagon instead of binding off.   On the bind off row I knit across and then I'm back to the right side and I start with a new color.  Less sewing at the end.  Fun little chain of hexes.

No comments:

Post a Comment