Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas is 5 days away.

Hahahaha hahahahaha. ROFL. I can't believe that it is almost here.
I was cruising along on the thrummed mittens I am making for my Mom, when I hit a big snag.  Nearly finished with the first one and boom. Do not continue, do not collect a gold star for completing one mitten. I am having issues because of the way the pattern decreases, which results there are places on the sides of the fingers without thrumming and therefore susceptible to coldness. What's the point in that? Her fingers are cold, not her palms.

Honestly, this is the most important present of the season and must be ready for Christmas morning. So, it is time to go to the drawing board and figure out my own pattern. Those seem to work out fine in the end. Sometimes.

Sung to the tune of "Little Drummer Boy"
Come on mittens, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum
Why can't you just work out, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum
I've worked so hard on you, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum
A gift just for my mum, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum
thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum, thrum

The hat that I made, was mostly made for stress relief. As such, it didn't turn out the way I hoped and must be frogged back to the beginning of the decreases. Gorgeous color, what the freak was I doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment